Keeping vulnerable people safe
Child Protection policy statement
Members of this church commit themselves to the nurturing, protection and safekeeping of the children and young people in their care.
- It is the responsibility of all church members to do their best to prevent the physical, sexual and emotional abuse of children and young people and to report any abuse, alleged or suspected.
- This church is committed to supporting, resourcing and training those who work with children and young people. It will provide supervision for workers because it recognises this as important in maintaining good practice.
- This church strongly advises everyone working with children or young people to undertake Child Protection Training offered by the Diocese of Norwich.
- This church is committed to following the current Norwich Diocesan Guidelines on the protection of children. It will ensure that all those who have regular contact with children under the age of 18 years obtain a CRB ‘Enhanced Disclosure’ and complete a Confidential Declaration before their appointment. These will be renewed in accordance with the Norwich Diocesan Guidelines.
- The PCC will accept responsibility for the appointment of leaders and will ensure that each person who has contact with children under the age of 18 years receives a copy of this policy statement and is familiar with the Norwich Diocesan Guidelines.
- The PCC will undertake to review the policy statement annually and display a copy of current policy in a prominent place on church premises so that all are aware of its existence.
Progress will be monitored by the Named Person for Child Protection who is Cynthia Douglass
Statement agreed by Wymondham Parochial Church Council